Lately, I rarely get up early. My usual day would begin at around 8:30 am, and then there are 4-hour power interruptions here and there, I usually have brunch, I skip breakfast, I lie in bed all day, I cram work into one day, and I cram some more…
This time I baked the egg rings instead of microwaving it. I’m precluding the possibility that the yolk might explode. Yes, it has happened before. Plus, it’s less stressful.
- 1 egg for each ramekin
- 2 strips of bacon for each ramekin
- a dash of salt and pepper
- a dash of paprika
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Line the insides of the ramekins with the bacon strips
- Crack an egg in the middle of the ramekin
- Season with salt and pepper and paprika
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the center is set but still slightly wobbly. Ovens behave differently so if you want a runny center, check it at the 15-minute mark.